Forum “Digital Culture – Living via Avatars?”
- When: March 16, 2023
Time: 13.30-17:20 pm
- Where: Erinevate Tubade Klubi, Telliskivi 60-A1-65,Tallinn 10412
- Target group: SMEs and self-employed in culture, as well as tourism and education sectors
- Why: To raise awareness of new digital tools and features to help develop their businesses and discuss the influence of new approach to the sectors
- How: Physical conference, broadcasted in Internet
- Moderator: Andres Jõesaar – Associate Professor of Media Policies, Baltic Film and Media School
As physical restrictions disrupt our lives and our lifestyles shift to more virtual formats for work and leisure it’s easy to feel a sense of separation from our identities.
Has digital technology the potential to make art and culture more connected or a passing phenomenon?
AI, VR, NFT, Blockchain… Let’s find out if digital tools are useful for the development of culture or do they take work from trained professionals? What are the pros and cons of digitalization?
How can the cultural, tourism and educational sectors benefit from digitalisation? Do we have enough knowledge and skills? Does the experience feel the same in digital world?How does digital culture help to reduce our footprint? Digital technology has the potential to make art and culture more connected.
The experts from Nordic countries, Estonia and other countries will help us understand what is reasonable to use and what to expect in the future.