EU4Business: Connecting Companies
Export design- “Increasing the export capacity of design companies”
Creative Estonia together with Export Development Association Georgia are organising study visits for Georgian and Estonian design companies.
Registration form for Georgian design SMEs and BSOs:
Participating SMEs: 12 (6 from Estonia, 6 from Georgia)
Participating BSOs: 4 (2 from Estonia, 2 from Georgia)
Objectives of our project are the following:
- The transfer of know-how about internationalization and export to design SMEs and BSOs;
- Cooperation between Georgian and Estonian design SMEs and BSOs to learn from each other’s experience;
- To create new business opportunities for Georgian and Estonian design SMEs via export.
In addition, our project will contribute to gender equality and business in rural areas as we aim to also involve the following beneficiaries:
- min. 2 SMEs owners under 35 years old,
- min. 5 SMEs run by women,
- min. 3 SMEs having their seat in rural areas, and
- min. 2 BSOs having women in top-level management of the organisation.
Study visits program that helps:
- design SMEs to prepare effective export plans as well as take first steps in entering export markets, and
- BSOs to develop new services to support design SMEs export activities.
The comprehensive study visits program consists of:
- an online matchmaking event and training program about internationalisation and export,
- the Export BootCamp in Georgia, which is an international intensive three-day training and networking event,
- an online mentoring session and networking event, and
- an export launch to EU market via Estonia, and
- a visit to a sector-related fair in Finland.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
EU4Business: Connecting Companies (EU4BCC) is a project managed by EUROCHAMBRES and funded under the EU4Business initiative of the European Union. The EU4Business: Connecting Companies project is due to end in December 2021.
The EU4Business: Connecting Companies project is being developed in the framework of the Eastern Partnership (EaP), which was launched in 2009 in order to deepen and strengthen relations between the European Union (EU), its Member States and its six Eastern neighbours (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine). EU4Business is an umbrella initiative that covers all EU activities supporting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the EaP countries.
The EU4BCC project aims to support sustainable economic development and job creation in the EaP countries by helping SMEs to grow – especially by promoting increased trade, encouraging inward investment and fostering business links with companies in the EU.
The project is essentially organised on a sectoral basis. This will allow a more strategic approach, targeting the specific needs and opportunities of each sector, and allow for the creation of alliances between EU and EaP businesses on a sectoral – and therefore more specific – basis. The selected sectors are the following:
- Bio- / organic food
- Creative Industries
‘EU4Business: Connecting Companies’ is managed by EUROCHAMBRES and funded under the EU4Business initiative of the European Union.