The NordicBaltic Festival Platvorm (NBFP)
NBFP is a platform for arts festivals in the Nordic-Baltic area. It aims to foster cultural cooperation in the region by enhancing the number and strength of connections, the capacity and visibility of those festivals. The Platform is open to festivals across the arts sector.
Since May 2017 they have been working to trial a platform to aggregate and archive live-streamed and recorded performances from festivals in the Nordic-Baltic region and they’ve decided to do this under the start-up brand ‘Festivals on Demand’. They find that it is very important to use technology in order to engage with wider audiences as well as present to their professional community the great work going on in the region.
They are now actively seeking content for this platform and invite all festivals to contribute with their pre-recorded content as well as by considering to participate with a live-stream before the end on April 2018.
Please have a look at the site here – https://festivalsondemand.com/
Advantages for the festivals include:
1. A simple, ready-made platform to stream and archive live performances
2. Reduced costs compared to a standalone live stream
3. Access to the audiences of other relevant festivals
4. Support and advice on maximising the impact of live-streamed events
The required criteria for live-stream are as follows:
1. The Festival must take place before the end of April 2018
2. The performance must be something that can be streamed as video
3. The Festival will be responsible for clearing the artist rights and filming the performance
4. Festivals On Demand will clear composer rights and cover the costs of hosting and mechanical copyright
The festival continues to own the footage of the performance, only signing over the rights necessary to live-stream and then archive the performance for a limited time window.
As said before, they would also love to present any prerecorded content, so if you have good material that may be of help to promote your festival, then please let them know.
NordicBaltic Festival Platform