Station Narva and OBJEKT Business Day “Producers’ Market”
This year’s Station Narva Business Day, scheduled to take place in the OBJEKT multimedia hub on 20th September, is focusing on the increasingly challenging and role of producers and managers in creative business. Connecting the creative sectors of arts and media with technology and community building, the Business Day sets out to enhance local and regional competences as well as to create a collaborative and entrepreneurial platform for European, Russian and American companies.
Captivating keynote speakers who have assembled the seemingly incompatible within their field, will share their experiences, and inspire our local community to take note and make a change. Together we will set out to explore if artistic and technical projects can unite people from the various backgrounds and different perspectives. We will question if Narva, with its diverse community, peculiar history, and unique location, can really take on a role of a mediator between different cultures and territories.
Station Narva & OBJEKT Entrance Day is guaranteed by the Station Narva Festival Pass at the cost of 39 euros and a separate ticket at the cost of 20 euros. https://www.piletilevi.
Free admission for students, students and seniors, pre-registration required at https://tallinnmusicweek.
Station Narva & OBJEKT Business Day schedule
09.45 – 10.00 Gathering and coffee
10:00 – 10:15 Welcoming words by the city of Narva
10.15 – 10.30 Clash of cultures or how small ideas survive in a Big World by Peter Zashev, entrepreneur and Professor of Stockholm School of Economics in Riga
10:30 – 10:45 Pop culture and technology: The shock of the new by John Robb, journalist, musician (UK)
10:45 – 11:40 Creative economy and startup scene in Estonia and Narva
- Creative leap of Narva, Intro presentation by Jana Pavlenkova
- Startup Estonia in Ida-Viru by Elina Dubova, Startup Estonia
- Industry and creatives by Vadim Orlov, IVIA
- IP in creative industry: Russia vs Europe by Julia Jashkina (RU)
- Creative work in Narva with Japan by Alexandr Bitskov (EE/JAP)
11:40 – 12:50 Creative business-models
- Cooperation between entrepreneurs from creative industries and from other sectors by Kristiina Urb (EE) from EBS
- TV series as education and export by Anna Gudkova (RU)
- WORM Open City in Rotterdam: mixing disciplines of film, music, arts and theatre by building a community by Richard Foster (NL/UK)
- From NY to Narva: launching a new club by Reigo Ahven, founder of Philly Joe’s Jazz Club
12.50 – 13:50 Networking Lunch
13:50 – 14:50 Panel discussion “Narva is next”: creative hub and collaboration spot?
Ivan Sergejev, Kristina Kallas, Anu Kivilo
14:00 – 15:00 Special excursions
Narva creative hub OBJEKT by Anton Ossipovski
Ida-Viru Industrial Parks by Vadim Orlov
15:00 – 16:30 Breaking the borders
- Working with people across borders and building trust – NATO head of communication
- Transforming a city to become a film set by Edith Sepp, Director of Estonian Film Fund
- The powerful tool of storytelling by Johanna Schwartz, an award-winning producer, director and filmmaker
- No Cuts: transformative technologies on screen by an award-winning? by filmmaker Aleksandr Sokurov (RU), Sokurov Fund
- Tech to live with art (AI, mixed-media, BigData and other scary words) by Prototron teams
- Building a start-up vs making a film: what can we learn? by Rain Rannu (EE)
16.30 – 17.30 Networking by Startup Wise Guys & OBJEKT with intro by Egita Polanski (LT)
18.00 – 19.30 Bazar Talk at OBJEKT
18.30 – 20.00 Startup comedy “Chasing Unicorns” screening and discussion with the film’s producers at Vaba Lava Studio Hall
Business Day is co-financed by US Embassy in Estonia and by EAS from the European Regional Development Fund through the project No EU51523.