Nordic Council of Ministers is looking for a Senior Adviser to run the Secretariat of Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture
The Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture (NDPC) is an initiative which focuses on cultural cooperation that reaches out to cultural operators, creative entrepreneurs and to the business communities throughout the entire Northern Dimension area. The NDPC Secretariat will be hosted by the Nordic Council of Ministers Office in Riga and we are looking for a dynamic and results orientated person to run the Secretariat.
Your tasks and responsibilities would typically be:
- providing assistance to the Chair of the NDPC Steering Committee; among other activities with the preparation and follow up of the Steering Committee´s meetings and decisions
- creating links between the Partnership and other government, non-government and private institutions and organisations, including financing institutions active in cross-border cooperation in the field of cultural cooperation and/or cultural and creative industries
- serving as a focal point of information, including preparing and maintaining an archive of Partnership documents on cooperation in the Northern Dimension area
In addition, the Steering Committee may assign tasks pertaining to projects preparation and implementation.
- considerable coordination capabilities, networking and organisational skills and experience, including good connections with relevant stakeholders, both within the region and within the EU institutions
- experience in financial and administrative matters
- experience in fund raising and project management
- a well developed IT literacy
- excellent skills in writing various documents.
- advanced university degree in the area relevant to the NDPC
- at least six years’ professional experience, of which some at international level and/or at national level with links to the international processes on cultural and/or creative industries in the Northern Dimension area
- experience in facilitating and moderation of internal governmental processes is desirable
- knowledge and good understanding of the NDPC, as well as the ability to comprehend the work of the NDPC Secretariat in the context of international relations and diplomacy
- experience in holding a multi-disciplinary portfolio of tasks and duties
- reliable and able to work in an environment with challenging workloads and deadlines, available and flexible during highly demanding periods of time
- strong communication skills
- excellent command of oral and written English with several years of practical experience, excellent drafting skills in English
- knowledge of the Russian language is desirable.
Apply for the position:
Please send your application in writing with full CV and a letter of application demonstrating how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the job description and person profile and stating your current salary by 15 noon on the 19th of November 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held in Riga on the 27th of November 2013.
We offer an exciting job in an international environment. We offer a one-year contract with possible prolongation. We are employing on a temporary contract and therefore we offer an attractive salary and conditions of employment.